A survey conducted in 2005 revealed that 28% of respondents indicated their number one fear as being death whereas 42% said that it was public speaking! Jerry Seinfeld – the US comedian quipped: “when attending a funeral if the average person was given the choice, they would rather be in the coffin than giving the eulogy”.
Effective leadership almost always requires the skill of good speaking – which can often make up for a lack of other skills.
What’s in the box?
This workshop will be tailored to the client’s specific requirements and will include:
- First Impressions – Everything matters
- The theory of body language, tone of voice and words
- Confidence – How to fake it until you make it
- Lessons from the Cadbury Gorilla!
- What does the audience want?
- Presentations – how to wow your audience
- 5 minute presentations with feedback
- A framework for all presentations
What are the outcomes?
Whilst we cannot promise to entirely remove all nerves from making presentations, participants will definitely feel more confident given that they will better understand themselves, what the audience wants, and have a framework on which to hang all presentations. Most important, participants will be able to deliver with energy and passion.
How many people?
How many people is entirely dependent on the nature of your organisation. This course can run with groups of 5 to 25 people. The numbers of delegates will then dictate the course length.
Duration of course
This course runs either for ½ day or full day depending on numbers.